Guild Wars

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Reply to Thread Back to Threads

Gamma issues in OS X 10.6 / crossover 8
Nom
Nom
Posted 2010-04-03 05:09
Ever since upgrading to 10.6 / crossover 8, I've had brightness / gamma issues.  Everything is about 20% darker in GW, even though it appears much the same on the desktop.  And the full-screen gamma slider doesn't do anything since I always run in windowed mode.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Ken Thomases
Ken Thomases  Staff Member
Posted 2010-04-03 07:28
Apple changed the default system display gamma with Snow Leopard.  This is probably what you're encountering.  See this Apple support article: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3712
Nom
Nom
Posted 2010-08-02 23:47
One gamma-related oddness: on starting GW, everything is quite washed out (even compared to previous).  As soon as I click off into another app, it goes darker (as above) and remains there until I restart it.

This occurs in Crossover 9.  Don't remember if it was there in 8, but I think it was.
Ken Thomases
Ken Thomases  Staff Member
Posted 2010-08-03 00:02
You can try the following command, issued in Terminal when CrossOver Games is not running:

defaults write com.codeweavers.CrossOverGames AllowGamma never

CrossOver should, by default, only allow Windows programs to change the display gamma when it's in full-screen mode.  It should restore the default display gamma when it switches out of full-screen mode and/or when another app is activated.  The above change makes it so that CrossOver never allows Windows program to change the display gamma.

You can reverse the above command with:

defaults delete com.codeweavers.CrossOverGames AllowGamma

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

Please Wait...
eyJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNTc4NTg3MzkzfQ==