Guild Wars Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

XCGs maybe thought of as a BOT or Hack

Today for the first time in many many months, I logged into the Guild Wars server to make sure it installs the latest patch. When I logged in, I was given the rude awaking that my account has been terminated due to "payment fraud".... Which I find funny since its free to those who bought the game and the expansions. The only thing I could think of is that they may believe that XCGs maybe a BOT or hack...
http://www.arena.net/blog/design-director-james-phinney-on-the-recent-account-bans .... after reading this, I thought that it is possible that they believe it is a hack.... or bot.... shrug IDK... Just thought I would let ya all know...

My understanding (mostly from reading people's complaints on the wiki) is that the ban message for bots/hacks indicates that you've been banned for illegal 3rd party programs, or something to that effect. Assuming you've never bought anything from the in-game store that could've been a problem, I -believe- "payment fraud" is the message used when they lock down an account because of account theft. Long and short of it, contact support http://help.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/ncsoft.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php and hopefully they'll sort it out.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVng2VnJBYnVTdmZ3c1JIUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9