Guild Wars Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't install.

Hia, this is my first time trying to use crossover. I downloaded the GW client of their website, and now it's not letting me install it in crossover. If I look at the "guildwars.exe" it says (Open with crossover) but if I open it nothing happens. Also, if I'm in crossover and I try to install it, in "select an application to install" it doesn't show up, and if I choose "Will install from Macintosh HD > Applications > Guildwars.exe", then it just brings me back to "select an application to install."

Any help would be appreciated :) xo

Thank you for your posting...

In order to install Guild Wars you can go to the menu option from CrossOVer which indicates install Windows software. Once you do click on Guild Wars in the left text box and select which client installation you wish to use. CrossOver will download or use the Executable you just downloaded either way should be fine.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Sincerely,
David Tenney
http://www.pctechworld.com
http://www.dcasi.com
Advocate

I myself had a problem like this. I think it is because the new install requester. Just go from top to bottom threw to fields and choose the installation file, and the bottle. Then it should work.
As for Guild Wars just use the preconfigured option in CrossOver Games, instead of downloading the client. It works just fine.

@alexandragurl: Could you be using CrossOver Pro or Standard rather than CrossOver Games, by accident? You should be using CrossOver Games to install and run Guild Wars, and it knows how to download it.

(Note that a license for CrossOver Pro entitles you to register and run CrossOver Games, but they are still separate programs. You don't have to separately purchase CrossOver Games, but you do have to separately download it.)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUzhObWVTV3MzdmRKcEJGVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9