Guild Wars Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Graphics regression in 9.1.0

I started using Crossover Games Mac 9.1.0 a few days ago and have noticed that character footprints just show up as light coloured boxes on the ground. When I revert back to 9.0.0 the footprints appear fine.

The system I'm seeing this on is an iMac with Mac OS X 10.6.4 and Nvidia GForce 9400 graphics card.

I'll test tomorrow on my Macbook Pro to see if occurs there as well.

I'm seeing this as well in Linux (Crossover 9.1.0 + Ubuntu 9.10 + GeForce GTX 260).

Steve Jakob wrote:

...I'll test tomorrow on my Macbook Pro to see if occurs there as
well.

Confirmed on my Macbook Pro (Mac OS X 10.6.4, Nvidia GForce 8600M GT).

Yes, we're tracking this issue in our bug tracker. It was reported while 9.1 was in beta, but we couldn't track it down before release.

Thanks for your reports, though, because it's helpful to know the range of system configurations affected.

Under 9.1, all characters run around with a stack of post-it notes stuck to their feet. It's a feature, not a bug. :)

(I've filed a Crossover bug report on this)

I had the same problem with 9.1.0, but I reinstalled Guild Wars yesterday and now the post-it notes are gone! The graphics in general look better too, but for some reason I have to run it on a virtual desktop or it just comes up with a white screen.

ETA: don't know if it makes a difference but I had it installed in a win2000 bottle when I had the problem and the new working copy is in a win98 bottle.

I had the same problem. I recently updated from 8.0 to 9.1 with the same Guild Wars installation. I reinstalled GuildWars with the C4P file and the bug is indeed gone.

Hey!

I have the box-footprints too, using a new Macbook (unibody) with Mac OS X 10.6.4 and NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics. I have CrossOver Games 9.2. I just chose Guild Wars in the installer, but will it remove the weird footprints if I re-install it with the C4P?

Thanks in advance!

Still seeing this problem in CxGames 9.2. I'll try to find some time to re-install GW as suggested by another poster.

I deleted my current bottle and reinstalled with C4P file. This was into a win2000 bottle. I get the post it notes too.

I'm running 9.2 version

setting useglsl to enabled in the registry works around that, but depending on your system you might incur a performance hit (especially when rotating the camera) as shaders get loaded.

I've since upgraded to Crossover Games 10.0 and was still getting the post-its issue, using Loic's workaround in the previous post solved the issue and I haven't had any performance impact yet.

By the way, editing the registry in Crossover Games can be a bit tricky... any chance of having an "edit registry" option added to the bottle config menu? It wasn't readily apparent anywhere in the interface that I needed to do a "run command" then "regedit" to get in there.

On CrossOver Games Mac 10.1.2 I no longer see this problem. Thanks for the fix.

1 to 13 of 13

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZUY2Y0VoSlQ5QVZzQjhCeCIsImdkcHIiOjB9