Guild Wars Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

I can't get the game to save

I downloaded the trial version of Crossover Games so I could play Guild Wars Trilogy. I am able to get the game to load, and I am even able to play, but it wont save to crossover. I have to re-download everything every time I want to play. What am I doing wrong?

Also, the installer window never finishes. It gets to about 80% done, and then just stays there.

When the installer window is showing the installation progress, you can expand the details about what it's doing. Click on the "Installing ..." bar (avoiding the cancel 'x' button, of course).

Once you expand the details, what step is it still working on?

Also, CrossOver detects when an installer has completed by waiting until every program that installer has launched has exited. If the installer launches the game, and you play it, then CrossOver will be waiting that whole time. You should exit the installer/game once it's installed. After you exit cleanly, CrossOver should create an item in CrossOver's Programs menu for launching Guild Wars. (I assume the lack of such an item is what you mean by "it wont save to crossover".)

I suspect you have been canceling the installation because you didn't realize it was waiting the program to exit. Once you do that, it won't create the item in the Programs menu, of course.

Im in the same position.

When i click the "Installing" bar it shoes that i am on "Installing Guild Wars" step.

You said every program that installer launched should be exited...except i have no clue how to work this. :/

I have no idea what im doing wrong and im in desperate need of some guidance.

Im all ears. Please help me and excuse my ignorance D:

Thanks so much.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTDMyYlNHQ3llZ0hISEVzWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9