Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Runs very nicely in Crossover Games 7.0.0 for Mac

Hello,

I just upgraded to the newly released Crossover Games 7.0.0 and decided it was worth testing HL2DM again, which I haven't played in some time. I was quite pleased! At a medium resolution of 1344 x 840 with video settings at the recommended levels, framerates held between 20-60. In intense fighting, they dipped to 20, but did not seem to go any lower. I was able to chase people down with the crowbar and managed to get quite a few kills in this silly way, attesting to the stability of the game's performance in Crossover. Inbound voice chat also seemed to be working perfectly, though I did not try transmitting.

Excellently done! I am very happy, and this will be my second Windows game, after The Ship, that I will play exclusively in OS X via Crossover.

I would say the game runs well enough to warrant giving it a "Gold" medal, and have rated it accordingly!

Regards,
Brighid

P.S.
I am using Mac OS X 10.4.11 on an Intel iMac (Early 2006) with a 2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 2GB of RAM, and an ATI Radeon X1600 video card with 256MB VRAM.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRXdlTUpSdnRycmhLOTRORiIsImdkcHIiOjB9