Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Runs well enough to enjoy it

As of now (Mac version 6.1.0), HL2DM runs well enough that I can play enjoyably. There is sometimes lag between my mouse movement and the game's response, but it is small enough that it doesn't hinder my play much. It's possible that people with less powerful computers may have a harder time of it, however. Generally, HL2DM in Crossover does not play as smoothly as UT2k4 (the only program I have that I can compare it to), which I play natively in OS X.

Thanks for the report. I think most will assume that any game running under CrossOver will not run as good as a native game for OSX.
We are always working to improve CrossOver. Also, the hope is that the more robust OpenGL implementation coming in Leopard will help us out.

I'd say it runs below expectations running 6.0.0. There's extreme lag, when you change your video settings, sometimes the main menu gui doesn't display correctly. It makes it enough of a pain that it's not worth the trouble of playing. That's my opinion anyways.

Run well enough that I bought Crossover just to run this game. Only annoying thing for me is that it is a bit slow to load, particularly the Steam client. Once in the game, I get fast gameplay with most graphic settign at High with a 1440X900 resolution!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZnlMTUFnZGtTNFlwN2dHZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9