Half-Life 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

HL2 in 11.0.3

I have been an occasional Wine user for the last few years and I decided to give Crossover a try with Half Life 2 (for lack of a more recent title). I know this game is aging but I was wondering if there would be any will to reach 100% compatibility with that game. It seems well within reach! Here are the few issues I have encountered after playing over 50% of the game:

• Light sources are visible through walls. This is the single most apparent an annoying problem I have experienced.

• Saved games font is hard to read.

• Captions are unreadable (font is really messed up).

• Some effects are visible through walls (ex: warping effect).

• Major jittering for a short period of time after loading a game then loading a saved game. I have experienced jittering a few times during the game but nothing as consistent as after first load.

• The game does not appear to be willing to close properly.

• I cannot alt-tab back and forth into the game.

• I have also experienced a few odd storyline bugs. Hard to tell if it has anything to do with Crossover. At 2 occasions so far, I was spared part of a big fight. Once was near the end of Nova Prospekt, where we're supposed to hold until Alix arrives. The other time is when we escape with the combine teleporter. No enemies came at me for the last 45 secondes or so.

The rest was all fun and enjoyment.

I look forward trying other games under Crossover.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRWRDWjdLRmduV05TQzI0SiIsImdkcHIiOjB9