Half-Life 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

steam software

hey, great work with this program

im currently living remote and on wireless as our towns broardband ports are maxed out! i have the orange box on my pc however i would love to put it on my mac... can i tranfer my steam files folder to mac rather than having to download all my games again? it would be great as wireless is extremely expensive and steam with all the games is a huge download. further i was wondering the system requirements im running intel mac book 2 gig ram 64 graphics, cheers

aitchison

as far as i know, you would have to redownload and install them, BUT im pretty sure you can transfer your save files over.

You will have to install Steam in CrossOver. However, once you do that you can transfer your games from your PC to your CrossOver bottle with Steam.

The CrossOver bottle has a virtual C: drive located at ~/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/<bottle name>/drive_c. Within there, you will find Programs Files/Steam/steamapps.

If you copy the contents of your PC's C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps directory to that same place in the bottle's C: drive, then Steam will have all of your games and saved games. During the copy, do not replace files with the same name, except the SourceMods directory which is initially empty for a fresh install of Steam.

How do even access a virtual drive on os x. Cause i go to application support and crossover isnt there

Sebak wrote:

How do even access a virtual drive on os x. Cause i go to
application support and crossover isnt there

You went to Macintosh HD -> Library when you should have gone to Username -> Library probably.

Alternatively you could use the backup feature in Steam, then restore (on to the Mac) by running the backup executable under the correct bottle you have Steam installed.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMmJNU3A3NkxwWWZhWmdIYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9