Half-Life 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

HL2 Freeze/Won't Launch

Hi all-

I've been trying to get HL2 to work through CrossOver for the last couple of days, but no luck. Deathmatch works fine. At first, I thought the installation had somehow gone awry - but I've reinstalled twice to no avail.

I've also put in all of the launch modifications suggested in other threads and none have worked. Any ideas?

I'm running a macbook pro, 2.2 ghz and 2 gb ram. I'm on OSX 10.5.2.

This is what happens: I get a flash of the 'loading' screen and then it immediately disappears.

Any help would be sorely appreciated.

Extra note: I think it might have something to do with the animation on the load screen for HL2. Deathmatch has a static load screen with no animation and it works fine. I've tried the shader fix (setting it to 0) but that hasn't fixed my HL2 problem.

Extra extra note: When I go into "Installed applications" it lists CrossOver HTLM engine, Half-Life 2: DM, and Steam. Should it also list HL2? How do I instal it so that it shows up on that list? Is that a possible reason as to why it isn't working?

Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem. They used to work but they stopped after a steam update a while ago.

I managed to fix ep2 by starting it in windowed mode and changing the resolution.

Dont know if its still working, but hl2, ep1 and a couple of mods aren't working.

Like a fix to plz :|

Please see this other thread on the same subject: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?forum=1;app_id=1168;msg=34538

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMmdoYWdQczVSY0t3WnBreiIsImdkcHIiOjB9