Half-Life 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Goldeneye Source

I recently got The Orange Box and installed it with no problems at all. It runs like a dream. But I wanted to try the Goldeneye mod for the source engine. But I have installed it and tried to start it from Steam. It loads and the logo comes up, but then it crashes. Is there anything I can do to get it working, or anything I can check? Thanks for any help with this. Its not a big deal as I am extremely happy that I finally got Half Life 2 and Portal running on my Mac. But it would be nice.

You should probably pass the -novid launch option. Passing -console may be a way to circumvent the crash on launch, which may let you change video settings, which might permanently work around the crash.

I can get my game to load up, and i can join a server, but after about, it seems the same amount of time, about 30 seconds, the game just, freezes...

im using the new release, 3.1 or something, the latest one...

should the -novid fix that @ if so how do i do it?

Im having the same trouble where it crashes after about 30 seconds in game help!

The crashes are probably due to the game running out of available address space (memory). In the game's video settings, try turning texture detail to low. If that makes the crashes go away, you can try turning it up to medium.

ok thanks I'll give this a shot I just think its odd it seams goldeneye is the only source engine games having this problem

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOGQ0elI1MmI1RlFaYllkWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9