Half-Life 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

steam installer crashes

im on a brand spanking new Alum iMac 3ghz.
i have crossover pro 7.1.0
i and trying to install and run the steaminstall_full.exe
my account is educational and when i install, it locks up torwards the end of the install and i have to restart the bottle.
when i do that it trys to start up, and it says searching for updates, and then the steam app just quits.

is my issue with the install or the installer?
and if its the install, how do i keep it from crashing, id prefer not rebooting the bottle.

To run Steam and Half-Life 2, you should be using CrossOver Games rather than CrossOver Pro. You'll have to reinstall because a) the two products keep separate bottles, and b) CrossOver Games has some smarts about how to install Steam.

You license for CrossOver Pro includes a license for CrossOver Games at no extra cost. Go to My Account => My Downloads, and download CrossOver Games. It will be a trial version because that's the only way we distribute CrossOver Games, but you can register it using your account credentials to make it a full, non-trial version.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSlhFUThSWEFUR2tGYlUydCIsImdkcHIiOjB9