Half-Life 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

"installation ended prematurely because of an error" any1 any ideas?

Hi I get an error saying "installation ended prematurely because of an error" when trying to install Halflife 2. I could install Steam that worked fine, but halflife2 wont :((( I thought the disk may have been corrupt or something, so i tried installing it on windows and it worked fine.

Does any1 know how to fix this?

ty

I recommend to register your CD key in Steam and download the game instead. Because the game has been regularly updated, the content of the CD is pretty outdated, and it won't save you any download volume anyway I am afraid.

I too am having this problem. Steam says you need to install from the disk before you can activate it.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYUdtQTZzTWY0NXM4WkJjQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9