Half-Life 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

black screen with Prototype

Hi, i successfully installed Prototype the game (which i must say is absolutely awesome, played on a windows pc), launches and everything with no errors yet all i get is a black screen and nothing else, not even some game sounds like most who get black screens do. This game is absolutely amazing so if anyone knows why this is happening and has a solution it would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

mojoDodo

MacBook (white) 2.2Ghz, 2Gb RAM.

sorry, posted in the wrong place :)

I gave this game a try with my current cxgames 8.0 development code, and it rendered fine on my Linux box. Looks really awesome. It ran at about 0.5 fps though. Probably my Geforce 7400 isn't up to the challenge :-/

That said, I don't know what this game is going to do on Macs. I expect it to hit the driver pretty hard. We'll definitely test it before shipping cxgames 8, and beta reports are welcome.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidmtiRXZFWXI2c1RwRVp5OSIsImdkcHIiOjB9