Half-Life 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

HLSS/HLDJ

hey i have steam installed from a pervious PC on my external hard-drive and I used hlss for my audio

when i tried to use it in crossover games, it didn't work :(

i thought maybe hldj might work, but, i've had trouble, could i get some help here?

I can help you but not right now because im using my ipod with incredibly slow wi fi and a low battery ill get back to you on friday, also what games are you trying to use this with, because hldj and hlss are for multiplayer games only

what do you need help with?

i just can't seem 2 make hlss or hldj work with crossover running tf2

i have never tried it with tf2 but you installed it and everything right?

ok here the thing

i used 2 have bootcamp, but now i use crossover, so i already had steam and all my steam games installed, so yeah

hlss wise, i also had that installed with bootcamp (all of this on my external hard-drive)

so i thought, well, this SHOULD work... its installed and whatever, but it doesn't... :(

so yeah I really don't know what's wrong... :\

So you're using crossover right so when you had bootcamp hlss would work right so have you tried installing hldj?

yeah, hlss worked w/ bootcamp.

And I did install hldj in bootcamp but that was before i had done ANYTHING right with audio compression, so i ditched it halfway thru and used hlss the rest of the time.
I'll go back and try hldj and get back 2 you asap

thanks 4 the help

hey alright it works

altho i like hlss better hldj works gr8

thanks 4 help lol

I have also tried to run HLDJ through crossover, i am guessing that it is not possible as HLDJ requires you to set the directory folder and i can't seem to find the steam folders. Is there any way around this issue?

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibmgzOVRDZDVSckh5UEw4SyIsImdkcHIiOjB9