Half-Life 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

HL 2 crashes in chapter one shortly after action begins

Hello,

I have problems with Half-life 2 crashing very early in the game.
I have tried to start it twice now, and it has crashed once while piling up boxes for the escape in chapter one, and another time just after the boxes had been piled up.
I am not experiencing any other problems - graphics and controls work fine, but I am unable to play the game like this.

Help would be highly appreciated.

I am running the following specs:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP52.008E.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.42f4
Serial Number (system): W891647F2QT
Hardware UUID: CC2BF66D-3206-5F4A-AD9F-77A1A7398C09
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Sometimes it helps to save the game at the point where it usually crashes and continue from the savegame after the crash. The question is whether it crashes again after a few minutes, or if its just one spot in the game that causes crashes.

The very beginning of the game is prone to such problems - I think at some point during the G-man intro there's something that corrupts the memory in some cases. Also some users reported crashes during or shortly after the teleporter scene in Dr. Kleiner's lab.

It also helps to turn the texture detail down in the advanced video settings.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOWZkdGM2RU1aQVpMTHdycCIsImdkcHIiOjB9