Half-Life 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Slow Installation

Everything installed quite quickly except for, Steam and the game itself. Being a Mac user, everything is usually fast and this was one downside. Steam took forever to install, then, took almost 5 minutes to initialize the update for Steam. The software installation took about ten minutes. Sure, I am complaining however, it takes the same time on Windows so I guess Mac users shouldnt get any special treatment on this 😋

Sorry but I can't help feeling that this was one of the most meaning less post I've ever seen. And my the second :D

Im sorry...but im new to this advocate thing and dunno really what to put when testing games...figured id just put that it installed but slowly. whatever :P

Daniel Frasca wrote:

Everything installed quite quickly except for, Steam and the game
itself. Being a Mac user, everything is usually fast and this was
one downside. Steam took forever to install, then, took almost 5
minutes to initialize the update for Steam. The software
installation took about ten minutes. Sure, I am complaining
however, it takes the same time on Windows so I guess Mac users
shouldnt get any special treatment on this 😋

Hi,

The installation of the Steam GUI (and Steam hoisted games) requires a number
of files to be downloaded as part of the install process - the speed of such types
of installation is directly proportional to your internet download speed...

Cheers!

Daniel Frasca wrote:

Im sorry...but im new to this advocate thing and dunno really what
to put when testing games...figured id just put that it installed
but slowly. whatever :P

Well don't let me hold you back from posting. Any kind of posts!

But as you said in your first post: ~ that it takes some time even in a native windows enviroment to install and use steam.

Based on that you might guess it will not be any differance in a emulated enviroment except it might run even more slow than in the native enviroment.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTWFGZVFmem1YR3llUFp6cyIsImdkcHIiOjB9