Half-Life Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Half-Life Anthology Issue

Hey I don't know if anyone else has tryed to use this version of Half-Life but I just installed it with ver 6.2.0 of Cross Over for Mac and it installed easily but when I tryed to play it showed the start-up screen but it was distorted and then it went to a black screen and went no further.

Ok heres a little update. Half-life doesnt work, Opposing Force doesnt work, and Blue Shift starts but is too distorted to play.

This symptom sounds like the problem with the Valve logo video. That doesn't work properly in CrossOver at this time. With Steam, we automatically put "-novid" into the launch options for you. With this version of Half-Life, you'll have to do that yourself. You'll probably need to use the Run Command dialog to launch the executable and add the option.

That said, I have no idea if that will get you ultimate joy. There may be other bugs lurking around the corner.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNjVDVHVKNmU2V0xCd0Z2YSIsImdkcHIiOjB9