Half-Life Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Works, then doesn't.

I installed Half Life: Source from Steam and it worked brilliantly, only problem I noticed was it didn't show the intro Steam Logo, played the sound, but no video. Didn't care, the game ran. However, the next time I went to play it, it didn't work, it would play the logo sound (No vid) like before, but then it locked up. It does that every time now. I even uninstalled it with Steam and tried reinstalling it. Has anyone had this issue? Anyone figured out how to work around it?

Heh, I got it. Apparently changing the resolution to 1680x1050 and turning everything up works in game, but when it tries to load these from the saved preferences something goes wrong. It's kind of a pain, but adding -autoconfig to the "Set Launch Options" resets it to the default resolution and the game loads. (Set Launch Options is found under Properties in the contextual menu for the game inside Steam) After it has loaded you can change it back to whatever resolution (if its not just 1680x1050 that is the problem) and preferences that you had before. You'll have to do this every time you load the game but it works.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiclU3VDZ5VXh2YjNjOVpGcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9