Half-Life Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

White Screen Of Death (but with music)

Hello! I try to run this game (OS X Panthar, 2x 3.2Hz, 8Gb RAM, 24 inch monitor) and all I get is a white screen. When I ran Lost Coast and Episode 2 I got a SMALL part of the window in the bottom right hand side but with a bit of luck (and patience) I was able to select the proper display settings and now they look great. HL1 Source doesn't even give me that option :(

Is there something I can put in the loading options or something?

Cheers!
Luke

Edit: I changed the launch options to -sw -novid

This allowed it to start in a window, skipped the video (which was the real problem) - In the future I'll put this on ALL of the related games.

OS X Panthar? Are you sure?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiN3FGc3o5OW1aZHk0azk1RyIsImdkcHIiOjB9