Half-Life Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Natural Selection

Right now I'm running your latest trial version and it mostly works great.

As a poster noted below, natural selection is the only half-life mod he plays. The same is for me. Currently the game runs perfectly except for one imperfection which makes being a commander in the game impossible. The interface is completely blacked out, the textures aren't being drawn.

This problem was solved with the 0.9.12 update for Wine on linux, but currently a fix isn't available for mac. Considering how old that version is of their software, I feel it would be a pretty easy fix for your guy's program.

Would really appreciate it if you guys could get around to looking into the problem.

FYI, I just created a C4 entry for Natural Selection here:
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name?app_id=2635

We plan to get 6.1 out as quickly as possible. The hope is in about a month or so. If it is fixed in the latest version of Wine then it will be fixed in 6.1, assuming nobody breaks it again by the next Wine merge.

This issue still exists in the Mac build. Please fix ASAP.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSzRrR1d6UVNkVkM3c1V3ZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9