Half-Life Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Just installed Crossover..have a few questions:

1) If I start my own server (and no one is in it) then I can run around with little to no problems (the graphics look a bit choppy but that's doable). If I try to join a multiplayer server, and there are people in it (i seem to be able to run around servers that are empty, no idea why) then I usually get kicked between 10-45 seconds in. I tried installing bootcamp, and I had the same results, so obviously it's not a problem with Crossover, I was just curious if anyone had run into this problem when playing online? Counterstrike (for HL1) crashes, in fact, every online mod crashes as soon as i join a server with people in it. any ideas?

My specs:

Mac Pro
2X2.66 Dual-Core Intel Xeon
4 GB 667 Mhz DDR2
Raedon X1900
OS X 10.4.8 fully updated.

For online play you will need http://www.unitedadmins.com/index.php?p=content&content=cd (Cheating-Death). But first try local server with frends.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiN0ZaQ2hVeE10SmdzQUtiNiIsImdkcHIiOjB9