Half-Life Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Having problems getting HL to run in steam after it had previously worked...help

HI,

I have a macbook using OS 10.6.4 and am running crossover games 9.1. Originally when I installed crossover games an then steamm the half-life series worked fine. Unfortunately after an unsuccessful attempt at installing bioshock 2 from a disc and then following an update, these games no longer work. HL2-lost coast works fine so it's not likely the steam client's fault. I've since deleted the steam bottle and then reinstalled with no success. The HL games hang on the first screen tile (i.e. the one with Freeman holding the shotgun) where the game menu is supposed to come up, although it never does. Anyone able to help? I don't know anyting about programming etc. so i may require some hand holding, but any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Dan

Hi,

It is the recent Steam client update causing this...see;

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=25;mhl=88495;msg=88474#msg88495

It's likely the same issue Ken posts about there...(2nd bottom posting)...

Cheers!

Many thanks Don and Ken. Had to resort to the winecfg variant of the solution, but all seems good now. Thanks again for the help.

Cheers,

Dan

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiclF2U1UyeXF1d0dRYktFUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9