Homeworld 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Works with CXG 7.1.2 (Unsupported) for Mac

Everything (install, patch to 1.1, run) works OOTB on my macbook pro penryn with CXG 7.1.2 (Unsupported) for Mac, although I used a http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/dmca. Only gripe is that it doesn't render projected shadows of detailed geometry. I also set an app specific Homeworld2.exe key in the registry with fbo and glsl enabled, as it seems to make use of some post-processing (HDR-like) in that case. Oh, and multiplayer is untested.

The game runs smoother and quieter than its osx-native PowerPC counterpart under Rosetta (which renders aforementioned projected shadows buggily and makes performance total crap) so graphics are on par and as cpu/gpu load is better with CXG it's a complete win.

For the sake of completeness, I used "-w 1440 -h 900 -mod v1.2.big" as parameters. One can also edit PLAYERCFG.LUA to change resolution to an unsupported one.

Contrary to wine folks, -nopbuffer didn't matter.

How do I install the patch to 1.1????? It doesn't finish when I run it either in the same bottle or a new one!

make sure you didn't install http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/dmca before patching, and that your patch matches your game localized version.

Apologies for the edits.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicFByTFllWlJ5UENyWXY4ZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9