Homeworld Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Works in 13.1 on Mac - but only in 640x480

Installing the game from original disks, and then patching to 1.05 worked with standard app install. However, in no bottle (neither W98, W2K, WXP) was I able to get the game to run in anything but default 640x480 resolution; whenever I tried to switch to any other resolution, the game crashed.

IIRC this game does work at higher resolutions in earlier versions of WINE and CrossOver. Have you tried disabling the native Mac driver or using a virtual desktop?

After reading the Tips & Tricks you kindly posted, I got it to work and Homeworld now is as fabulous as it ever was.

If you don't mind, a few comments you may add to your helpful article;

For those who like me haven't been around a Windows box for over decade:

• regedit is a command you can type in after double-clicking the 'Run Command...' icon, it will run the regedit app
  • a maximum of 1600 horizontal and 1200 vertical is supported
  • you must set renderer to 'd2d'
  • don't be alarmed when the intro movies for 'sierra' and 'relic' no longer play
  • this works on the 1.00 version (original disk) and 1.0b5 versions

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNWM1VzRnN2JlOG1mdW1LSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9