Homeworld Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Now works using OpenGL under Crossover Games 7.1.1

Seems to be working fine now using OpenGL rather than Direct3D, unlike under CxGames 7.0. Continuing to experience the extreme sluggishness of the mouse with some in-game menus (see prior post).

Hi,
I looked, but I'm still unsure about how to switch between Direct3D and OpenGL in the game - currently Homeworld doesn't work for me.

Granted, all I have done is to install Homeworld. No other configuration, nothing.

If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it! (yeah, I am new to CX Games)

Mine has been running without problems since I installed it, I did mess up my graphics when I tried switching to OpenGL or DirectX (I'm using Mac). I installed it on a Windows 2000 bottle, I hope you can get it to work.

Well, I got mine to work decently with WINE, but with no sound. :(

I understand where the OpenGL/DirectX option is now, but unfortunately that doesn't work for me because the program wouldn't even start - just went to a black screen for a moment and then crashed.

I'll try the Windows 2000 bottle. Thanks for the reply!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMmd3c3NnYlZWYjVIcWE3bSIsImdkcHIiOjB9