Indigo Prophecy Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't even install it

When trying to install the game, it insists on playing that New York/Serial Killer quiz. As soon as this quiz runs, the installer hangs and I have to force quite CX. I tried this on a MBP with COG 7.0.0.

Maybe I should mention that I found a way around this problem: I installed the game under Windows (in my case using Parallels Desktop, but VMware, any other virtualisation solution or BootCamp when you have a Mac should also work) and then simply copied the game folder in my CX bottle. By selecting the game binary with "Run Command..." the game starts and runs flawlessly. You only have to disable the fullscreen effects, otherwise the graphics looks like an overexposed picture.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUmV2UXlmS1d0NlFDYnNSSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9