Indigo Prophecy Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't get it to run in windowed mode

I just bought Indigo Prophecy for Steam and I haven't been able to get it to run. I downloaded it on a windows machine back it up and restored it on my Linux machine. Can't get the program to open. Are there dependencies I need to install?

David. wrote:

I just bought Indigo Prophecy for Steam and I haven't been able to
get it to run. I downloaded it on a windows machine back it up and
restored it on my Linux machine. Can't get the program to open. Are
there dependencies I need to install?

I just bought it for Steam as well and am running it on my MAC in Windowed mode without any problems. I didn't have to do anything other than install it through Steam.

It's possible that abeta's Steam bottle has accumulated various runtime support components over the course of its lifetime.

David, try installing one or more of the Visual C++ redistributables to see if that helps. (Probably best to experiment in a separate bottle.)

It was in a clean bottle with just the default Steam installation. So it'll have whatever is installed through the Steam download and normal Crossover Games installation.

I'm on a Macbook Pro 10.6.2 and Crossover Games 8.1.4.

OK, never mind me, then. 😊

Thanks for testing so thoroughly.

Ken Thomases wrote:

OK, never mind me, then. 😊

Thanks for testing so thoroughly.

No worries. I have a clean bottle that I start with and then take notes for potentially a Tips & Tricks hint if its complicated...but mostly because I usually have to tinker with a variety of things and taking notes starting with a clean bottle makes it easier for me to remember what I did before asking for help
😊

PS - Doesn't mean adding VC++ files wouldn't make it go in his setup. I'd try that too if a clean bottle it doesn't work for him.

I'm installing the VC ++ files and downloading the whole game de nuevo just in case that fixes it. I'll let you know how it turns out.

David. wrote:

I'm installing the VC ++ files and downloading the whole game de
nuevo just in case that fixes it. I'll let you know how it turns
out.

Yeah I was going to suggest downloading it again. I've never actually tried to backup an installation from a Windows machine and restore it Crossover. I usually just download the game again. Has that worked for you in the past? The backup/restore trick?

Anyway, let us know how it goes.

Ok tried again. Clean download to the linux machine. All VC++ redistributables installed. And nothing. Won't even attempt to start.

I am having problems with audio through wine on this version of Ubuntu (why oh why do the break what was working...). Could this be an audio issue?

BTW I restored a World of Goo back up from a windows Steam install and work without problems (aside the crunchy audio I seem to be getting everywhere).

David. wrote:

Ok tried again. Clean download to the linux machine. All VC++
redistributables installed. And nothing. Won't even attempt to
start.

I am having problems with audio through wine on this version of
Ubuntu (why oh why do the break what was working...). Could this be
an audio issue?

BTW I restored a World of Goo back up from a windows Steam install
and work without problems (aside the crunch audio I seem to be
getting everywhere).

Hi,

If it is an audio related crash, it could be a conflict with pulseaudio.
There seems to be multiple ways of overcoming pulseaudio issues in Ubuntu,
but the exact procedure depends on which Ubuntu release you're using...the
best idea there would be to search the Ubuntu support forums (I just did,
there's heaps of threads on how to remove/fix pulseadio)...see;

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PulseAudio

There is a section there about removing/disabling pulseaudio, but I reiterate
that the exact method depends on your Ubuntu version...

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

Edit: Also, see the bottom of the following thread - it may be related/of help ;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?forum=1;app_id=3379;mhl=68866;msg=66137#msg68866

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ1R3emFoenl3bWNaUldoWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9