iPod Support in iTunes 4.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Improved...

We did some last minute work on cxipod to make it a much easier utility to use. This makes many of the steps easier.

I will update the Tips and Tricks to how how, from rc1 on to use the cxipod utility we are bundling now.

Still not officially supported yet but getting closer.

BIG WARNING!

as of right now iPod support only works in 4.6... the new 4.7 iTunes handles iPods differently and is not working. I will try to get something updated soon as i can...

The cxipod script doesn't work for Fedora Core 3. The /mnt/ipod folder doesn't exist. FC3 uses /media and udev makes a /media/IPOD folder. There are no /dev/sg but there are /dev/sd files. Does anyone have a HOWTO that would apply to FC3 and Suse 9.2?

Joe

There is someone in the office who has a machine with ant sg (scsi generic) devices also, but he reports that no usb storage devices works on his machine anyway.

I need to look but i hope that later distros are not removeing the scsi generic device. Right now we are dependent on that device to be able to poll for the devices scsi id and scsi identification strings.

on your system the ipod mounts properly (via usb) and you can see the directory structure on the ipod?

-aric

Yes, in FC3 along with hotplug and udev, as soon as I plug my USB ipod, it makes an entry for sd* in /dev, writes an entry in fstab, creates a folder called /media/IPOD and it immediately shows up on the GNOME desktop. Mounting by hand isn't needed. Viewing the folder via nautilus, shows the ipod folders just fine. The user has full read/write access to the device.

Joe

facinating. I will have to get ahold of a FC3 machine and see how i sent the proper SCSI ioctl messages to the device. previously you could only send them to the scsi generic device, which is why we had to find it.

-aric

Aric,
can you pls. post the updated how'to's for iPod so we can get help you get this debugged.

Aric is off on vacation right now, so it may be a week or so.

Sorry about that, I'll see if we can get this better updated.

Jer

Anonymous

I hate to disagree but it doesn't work with iTunes 4.6. If it works for someone it would be nice if that someone would tell everyone else how to do it.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYlNjdWU5ZXBMbUN4YlBXRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9