iPod Support in iTunes 4.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

FC4 and CX5 versus iTunes 4.9

I'm running a fairly plain Fedora Core 4 install.
I'm using the 30 day free demo of CX 5, and trying to get iTunes 4.9
to see my iPod Nano. iTunes installed fine and can run but I have
been unable to get it to see the iPod.

A few notes on this process:

Fedora Core 4 auto-mounts an iPod as /media/ipod when it is plugged in.
It would be nice if "cxipod --user" detected this; as it is I changed the "d:"
symlink by hand.

It wasn't clear to me whether the various device permission tweaks were still
needed (the ipod is auto-mounted with the "pamconsole" option, i.e. it is owned
by the current user). I made them anyway, but they didn't help.

The sg devices don't seem to exist any more, so cxipod doesn't actually
notice that I have an ipod attached. However, from what I can tell, cxipod only
uses this information to change device permissions. According to this site:
http://sg.torque.net/sg/
... the SG_IO ioctl was pushed into the block subsystem (I assume this is the
magic ioctl referred to elsewhere in this forum) in the 2.6 kernels. HTH 😊

Installing dcom95 into my win2000 bottle caused iTunes to completely stop working.
It simply won't start up now (I waited for several minutes "just in case").
It doesn't seem possible to remove this (or iTunes for that matter) once it is installed
in a bottle.

At this point I am stuck. I know iPod connectivity is not supported; unfortunately
my main intended use for CX is to buy music via iTunes and transfer it to the iPod.

I am using linspire (formerly lindows). It has an Itunes knock-off program called Lsongs. It automatically detected by ipod nano, and I am thrilled. I installed Itunes using cx office, but it failed to see the ipod.

If you are frustrated with Itunes, think about Lsongs as an alternative. Plus, they use a different music store, mp3tunes, that supports more grassroots type of music.

I still use the Itunes as a database and music store for more popular tunes, but it does not add much in the way of functionality to Lsongs.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicUxaY1prUnZ5Y2ZUclBLUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9