iTunes 4.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CD Burning/Ripping

I just have one question, is CrossOver looking into adding support for CD Burning/Ripping? Someday, I would like to burn my Itunes music to a CD. Does anyone know, if Itunes music can be transferred to a another computer for burning?

We are not currently planning on doing this. It is a big task because we will effectively have to reverse engineer and write the CD ripping and writing library.

Anonymous

You can play iTunes Music (from the Music Store) on up to 4 other computers. Just copy the files to another Windows/Mac computer and open them with iTunes. iTunes will ask for your Music Store account password and then you can play and burn them. If the other computer isn't yours, you should select "deauthorize computer" after burning, so that you won't lose one of your four additional licences.

If the music isn't from the music store, you can of course copy it as much as you want to 😊

The easiest way to copy songs from iTunes shares to iTunes is to use ourTunes. Download the Java application at http://ot.f00f.com/. It allows you to copy songs from iTunes shares. Once you have them on the machine tell iTunes File-> Add Folder to library or Add File to library depending on how many songs you have copied. iTunes will take care of adding them.

Anonymous

This is actually one of the reason why I am hesitating to purchase crossover. I pledged to purchase one copy, and I would be willing to purchase it if I could use iTunes completely. I wasn't expecting the CD Burning to be a problemThe CD Burning is very important to me because I don't have a mac or use windows on any of my machines, and right now, if I want to download music from iTunes and burn it to CD its a lot of work, so I don't even bother with iTunes, I've just been using other things for now.

I'd really like to see this in a future release. Just my two cents.

-Brian

Anonymous

After you download from the store can you save it as MP3? If so, there's tons of other Linux apps that burn for you. From a dev side, does cdrecord expose an API that could be hooked into? I thought I remember seeing something like this the other night, can't remember now though.

-Another Brian

Ditto. I've been playing about with iTunes a little, but it is useless to me without a mechnanism to burn CD's. Dosn't have to iTunes own burner, just something that works with minimum hassle. I was considering making a small pledge myself, but having read that codeweavers aren't planning on working on this I shan't bother.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR21mcTQ5QXZrWmRGVXgzWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9