iTunes 4.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

My FC3 experience
Anonymous

The installation process went flawlessly. I openned iTune and it took like 30 minutes to add all my music (13GB on a local smb server) to the librairie. Sound work ok.

But is it supposed to be usable? I see it more like a proof of concept or something. It is so slow, openning firefox make the sound skip, which doesn't happen in rhythmbox. I never tried iTune on a supported platform so I don't have a clue how it behaves, but you can't seriously use it under cxoffice for normal day to day music player, right? Way too sluggish. Or are there speed tweaks I could try?

Thanks

Yanik

No, iTunes in 4.0 plays pretty badly on 2.6.x kernels. We're
litterally days away from shipping 4.1 which will fix this.

Cheers,

Jer

Days away? Weeks perhaps? Still waiting.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVDltYTJ0TUJaUFR5UFRMcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9