iTunes 4.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Works better but...

iTunes works well with 4.1 but, I would only rank it in between a bronze and a silver. With 4.0 I would say it was barley a bronze. I am running Gentoo with kernel 2.6.9 and I'm using fluxbox 0.9.11 as my window manager. iTunes seems to have some issues with fluxbox. I can only resize iTunes I am not able to move it around the screen because fluxbox is not creating the full window around iTunes. The top border is missing. The user interface has improved in 4.1 but, it's still sort of slow and shaky. It's not because this box is slow I'm running a P4EE in this machine. I have had an issue with selecting the equalizer and then not being able to select it anymore. The visualizer is really slow it clocks in at 10 fps. Skipping is rarely happening anymore even with 5-6 apps open at once but, it's still annoying when it does happen. The time display in the top center of the window does not always update itself. I don't necessarily need the burning or ripping capability I would be happy if iTunes was just as functional as it is on windows. However the ability to burn and rip songs with iTunes under Linux would be really great. I think you should at least consider looking into the possibility. Even with all the above problems I'm satisfied for now because I can now have my music play in the background while I work with other apps. Please keep up the good work 😉

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTndXUmdQYldSNlFmZVJUMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9