iTunes 4.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't get it to see iPod

Hey folks,

I got iTunes to install just fine, the problem is it's not seeing the iPod, which is pretty much the point, right?

I'm using the USB hook-up, and the FC3 box running Gnome sees the iPod on the spot and mounts it to /media/usbdisk just fine. An ls -l shows everything went cool with the mount. But it still doesn't see it in iTunes.

I noticed a perl script /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxipod, and ran it on a whim, and got a "Found no iPod." I even opened up the script and set my $MOUNT_POINT="/media/usbdisk/" just to try to help it along but no love.

Any ideas?

Should mention I guess that I'm using CX Standard 4.1, which I just downloaded today.

Okay, so I reworked the link in dosdevices and know crossover at least sees the USB drive that is the iPod. But now when I start iTunes I get

"The software required for communicating with the iPod is not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes to install the iPod's software."

Still no joy though.

SORRY,

Didn't know that iPod to iTunes hookup was a separate jam....

http://www.codeweavers.com/site/compatibility/browse/name?app_id=974

I'll bang around there.

I feel your pain Jim. I believe CX isn't properly setup to work with modern distros. At least that's my opinion. IPOD support doesn't work in Fedora Core 3 either. I believe it has to do with the SCSI detection. The ipod mounting script doesn't work with FC3 either. It makes assumptions that don't apply to FC3.
Joe

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVXB6VWhmQ202QWhiMnJjUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9