iTunes 4.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Hangs on installation

I've tried to install iTunes several times with no success on FC3. It hangs with a blank window titled:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\8\Intel 32\IDriver.exe - Embedding

Has anyone experienced this before?

p.s. It would be nice if there was a search function on this forum.

I've seen the window but it didn't cause any problems with the installation on my mandrake 10 system. However i've installed iTunes several times the installer usually runs fine, but crossover always tells me the installation has failed when it finishes. However the icons appear in the menu and iTunes happily starts up when I select them. Not taken things any further than that yet.

I currently run FC3 with no problems. I have SELinux enabled, but I did turn off exec-shield (as long as you keep your distro up to date it should be fine).

This site has some good info about how to disable exec-shield safely:

http://www.fedorafaq.org/#wine

I don't know if that will fix your problem, but that is the only major change I made to the default FC3 installation.

Are you installing the RPM or the using the LOKI installer? I use (and recommend) the LOKI installer to install CXO.

I had the same problem with CXO4 (doesn't seem to happen in 4.1). I would simply launch the install again and the 2nd time it finished without any errors. The only problem I see with ignoring that error is that if it errors out at some point but still works, it won't list the app in the Add/Remove tab of Office Setup (at least it didn't for me). Actually, I'm not sure it's a problem per se, but I was nervous that not everything was set up correctly. The 2nd attempt seemed to fix it.

Sorry... one more thing.

Try using the support system search : http://www.codeweavers.com/site/support/tickets/search/

Since iTunes is now an officially supported app, there are probably support tickets about this issue. I know I had an InstallShield issue with Quicken 2004 on CXO 3 and found some info (I even opened a ticket on it but ultimately figured out a work-around).

Anonymous

Make sure you have DCOM95 installed first. Same thing happened to me, so I put on DCOM and now iTunes has installed and is up and running... the install failed at the end though. No idea why! But it is working full screen, so I'm happy :) Now to arrange my MP3 collection in it. Yay! Took a very long time last time I had to do it.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRk14VW1VY0plc3VtWkNFZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9