iTunes 4.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

4.1 makes things worse
Anonymous

The new changes in 4.1 of Cxoffice not only make things worse for M$ Office but they seem to have screwed up iTunes even more. Wherever I click (say the search field for songs) nothing happens, the cursor goes crazy, there are video as well as audio issues. Is that what you mean when you say that you will work hard at this until you do enough "collateral damage" to make other things work too? Because you did do collateral damage and it's not a play on words; it really damaged the functionality of other applications. And so I wasted 2 hours uninstalling and reinstalling everything. If you people weren't making a living off of this I wouldn't be so pissed, but you are in a very non-linux spirit. If this were open-source it would benefit from the help of the whole linux community, and we wouldn't have to pay for it to screw up our systems.

Yikes! It sounds like something pretty bad happened for you to
get so pissed.

Candidly, something screwy must have happened. The 4.1 code base is
a very modest set of changes away from 4.0, and the vast majority
of our users report that it works quite nicely and does, indeed,
substantially improve iTunes.

But there are enough variations in Linux distributions and installed
application sets that it's quite likely you triggered a combination
we've never seen.

I'd suggest opening a support ticket; that's the best way to get at your
problem.

Cheers,

Jeremy

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYU5odDNyVG5jYUx1cG5WYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9