iTunes 4.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Apple forcing all users to upgrade to 4.7

Just got this from yahoo http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050322/152/feqyr.html

The gist is that apple have plugged a hole in the DRM and have decided that they will now only sell tracks to people who are using iTunes v4.7. Anybody know how well how well this works on crossover ?

Anonymous

It crashes here when I try to connect to the shop; e.g. when I want to buy a song (hope that my test-buy is not billed 😉. Just browsing and searching the shop is possible.

System:
FC3, Kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC3, iTunes 4.7.1

Yeah, this is due to DVD Jon hacking the 4.6 versions;
they're forcing an upgrade to 4.7.

First off, a clean 4.7 install is required; you can't upgrade just yet.

Second, iPods still don't work on 4.7, but we're now working
on that as a crash priority so we can fix it with 4.2.

Cheers,

Jer

Anonymous

Thank you very much for your response. Your version of iTunes with Crossover Office was a gem and worked flawlessly.

I tried a clean install of iTunes 4.7, which means:

• uninstalling through Office Setup
  • deleting \program files\itunes and \program files\ipod
  • not deleting the \application data folders
  • not manipulating the "registry"

I was able to activate one song I bought 😊 and got more interactive pop-ups when i tried to test-buy a song. But at the moment the download started, iTunes crashed. The song was never downloaded to my machine, but ITS regards the song as "bought" and the credit card seems to be booked (well, was worth the try).

Keep up your excellent work, I am looking forward to iTunes through cxo 4.2.

Cheers,
Markus

Are you using CrossOver Office 4.1? 4.0 had some stability issues in connecting to the music store, but 4.1 has worked perfectly for me.
If you raise a support ticket, we can investigate further.

Thanks,
Rob

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaHF0S2UzeHo0bmtNbUZzbiIsImdkcHIiOjB9