iTunes 4.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Install Chokes on Driver, "Neverending Black Screen of Death"

Howdy:

Just bought an iPod Shuffle for my wife for Mother's Day, as I saw that iTunes was supported.

Joke's on me. Gotta read the fine print as well as the posts in this forum.

I guess I'll have to get her that Windows laptop she's been wanting. Hello, Dell.

It's really too bad, as the deal-breaker (WRT my wife using linux) is hte cruddy way linux handles multimedia apps. Close, but no cigar (or convert, in my wife's case).

BTW, here's my config:
Crossover Office Standard 4.2
Fedora Core 3, full install, with the vulnerable/unused bits locked down

Anonymous

Don't freak out mate;
You can use this Windows application, EphPod, under CrossOver, on Linux.
I personally used it to sync my iPod ( 40M version ) with Linux ( of course ) using RedHat 9.0.

Now I am using Suse 9.2 ( which I very much like ) and I still have no problem. The only thing you've got to make sure is to mount the iPod ( manually or automatically ) as an HDD.

Don't give up Linux; the entire community is behind you !! 😊

-ionut-

Anonymous

For the record, to be more accurate ...

EphPod worked fine up to a point where it froze and once restarted it threw a silly message and that was the end of it. Resetting crossover and restarting the notebook did not work so I had to scrap this one and install a native Linux application, gtkpod, which, after downloading the sources and compiling them, built a superb and stable environment based on which now I can sync my iPod ...

-ionut-

Hey, get her a Mac - it looks and behaves a lot more like the Linux (Linspire?) desktop she will have some time in the future. And its a lot more stable and fun than Windows too.

Anonymous

Why don't you use GTKpod which is a native Linux application?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWnc0OHpGQ1BQTldZUGRBSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9