iTunes 4.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

any immediate plans for airtunes?
Anonymous

Hi, I've been using Crossover for the past couple of years (first for the quicktime plugin before mplayerplugin matured, now for iTunes) and I'm very happy with its progress. Thanks to you guys, streaming music to my stereo is now the ONLY time I boot into Windows.

I was curious whether streaming music to an Airport Express was a short term goal of the dev team? Currently, my Airport Express is not detected as a remote speaker by iTunes. I've gathered CD burning seems to be higher up on the list, though.

i'm waiting for the same feature. i dont know what the staff is planning, but i'm hoping this isnt too far off.

Anonymous

Um, streaming to airtunes works guys. I'm doing it right now from version 4.1

Anonymous

BTW I am using iTunes 4.7.0

Anonymous

Really? I use iTunes 4.7 and Crossover 4.2 and the Airport Express isn't recognized by iTunes -- even though I can browse the iTunes music store using the internet connection from the very same Airport Express. I use WPA encryption and connect using wpa_supplicant... I wonder if this has anything to do with it?

Anonymous

So, after restoring the Airport Express to factory settings with no encryption, iTunes still doesn't detect the presence of remote speakers, so WPA doesn't seem to be the problem. I guess I'll fill out a support ticket.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRVlmcHBSTXVuV3RkYkdxQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9