iTunes 4.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

iTunes 4.6 and usb.winemap and usb/wineipod
Anonymous

Hello,

I've just got an ipod mini, and would like to get it working with itunes in
suse 9.2. (kernel is already recompiled ,ipod access and user-rights are ok)

I've followed the guide on the crossover website but I cannot find the files "usb.winemap" and "wineipod" for downloading in http://crossover.codeweavers.com/xfer. Could you check it please?

1.) Do I still need these files if user access to /mnt/ipod is working?

2.) Where can I download the 4.6 version of iTunes. I searched for a while with ftp search engines with unusable results. Because every version have the same file name! When can I be sure that I'm installing really the version 4.6 when every version have the file name "itunessetup.exe"? Could you give me a link where I can be sure that this is version 4.6?

Many thanks,
Olli

Hmm... when I try the link http://crossover.codeweavers.com/xfer , I get a "could not be found" error. Maybe someone at Codeweavers can check the link. I tried to get to it from here in the forum and from the Crossover FAQ.

The latest version of CXO downloads 4.7. This was because ITMS stopped working in 4.6. Unfortunately, the IPod only works with 4.6 under CXO (per the IPod app page http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name?app_id=974 )

If you do find a link to an older version of iTunes, post it here. I'm sure anyone wanting to play with syncing with the IPod would like to know where to get it. Just remember, you can play with syncing (version 4.6) or use ITMS (version 4.7) not both. Unfotunately, even if you get the sync to work (I never did under FC3) you still can't sync ITMS music (per the app page)

I use 4.7 so I can purchase music. I breifly boot into XP to import the newly purchased songs to upload them to my IPod. Inelegant, but it works.

We moved the server and there was a temporary glitch
with that site; please try again.

Cheers,

Jer

Anonymous

In the end, is iTunes 4.7 on CO 4.2 supposed to work with iPods or not?? There are contradictory opinions on this forum about this. I personally can't get it to work but should I try harder? Or should I try to get a version of iTunes 4.6. And by the way, where could I get hold of that? If apple are forcing upgrade to 4.7 I am unlikely to find it on their site.
I am evaluating CO and found it quite impressive but the only reason I would buy it would be to have itunes/ipod working.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ2RMYllkM1MyYWFyWndCNiIsImdkcHIiOjB9