iTunes 4.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

iTunes & CrossOver Office 5.0

Just before release Apple switched off access for iTunes versions < 4.9. This prompted us to get version 4.9 working for the latest release and we made one bug fix for a crash when using iTMS.

I encourage anybody using iTMS to upgrade to CrossOver Office 5.0 and iTunes 4.9.

Anonymous

I have CX5 and iTunes 4.9 (installed via the official officesetup with CX5) and I get the same error as reported by other users, i.e.:
"iTunes could not connect to the Music Store. Make sure your network connection is active and try again"

This happens whenever I try to SignIn or Buy an item.

Any ideas?

No idea how to cure it, but I get the same error. iTunes 4.9 and CX5, too.

Anonymous

Same here with the first time i have tried xover for ages: Mandriva 2006, xover 5.0 clean install with iTunes 4.9. Gonna wait before commiting my money to buy xover.

You may open a ticket through the Support Ticket System. Please run

CX_LOG=itunes.log /opt/cxoffice/bin/itunes
or
CX_LOG=itunes.log ~/cxoffice/bin/itunes
if you installed cx as normal user in your home directory and attach the log file to your ticket.

Anonymous

I tried the steps suggested here:

http://www.technipages.com/article26.html

with these (hopefully enlightening) results:

First, I have to do those steps on the win98 bottle, not the win2000 bottle that iTunes is installed on. If I do it on the win2000 bottle, none of the dll's are found.

When I do the steps on the win98 bottle, the following 4 dll's are not found or could not be loaded:

dssenh.dll
gpkcsp.dll
sccbase.dll
slbcsp.dll

Hope it helps get this fixed. iTunes was one of my reasons for purchasing CXO5

Anonymous

For anyone else suffering from problems running iTunes in CX5 on Fedora Core 4 I thought I would post a reply to my original message to advise others of the fix (only applicable to Fedora Core 4 distros).

Fedora Core 4 is not officially supported by CX5 and but the support team were kind enough to identify the corrective actions required to make itunes work.

All that is required is a symlink to two shared libraries as follows:

ln -s /lib/libssl.so.0.9.7f /lib/libssl.so.0.9.6
ln -s /lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7f /lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6

Also I was provided with a way of debugging itunes on CX5 as follows:

CX_BOTTLE=managed_win2000 /opt/cxoffice/bin/wine --verbose --debugmsg=+crypt,+wininet --cx-log itunes.log --cx-app itunes

This dumps a lot of useful information regarding shared libaries, etc and it can be used to trap such problems.

Thank you very much. This worked for me, too.

Recommends section Itunes to MP3 Converter - Convert Itunes to MP3 software to for you

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRXZlR0VVeGRRQ0NWQzZMQiIsImdkcHIiOjB9