iTunes 4.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

cxoffice 5 causes iTunes to loose settings/music library

The title say's it all, after the upgradefor 4.2 to 5 of cxoffice iTunes goes back to it's vanilla installed state (including popping up the licence agreement on first run after the upgrade), with my music library and settings all gone. Is there any way to stop this happening or am I going to have to re-import the whole lot. I've tried restoring my backup of .cxoffice several times and exactly the same thing happens each time.

As a side issue, crossover is also managing to put duplicate entries for it's programmes in my K menu and keeps recreating backdrop icons for IE/Quicktime for reasons I haven't yet worked out.

Hi,

I can't help you with upgrading your settings from 4.2 to 5.0 because I deleted all cx home directories for the beta tests.
Altough, I recommend you to start with a clean 5.0 installation, so deauthorize your itunes installation for cx 4.2, install 5.0, authorize it again and import your music into itunes.

I think that's the safest way to upgrade to 5.0, even if it takes some extra work, but that way you can make sure you get a full working 5.0 installation. In 5.0 some things have changed and they may interfere with 4.2 settings for itunes.

Hi,

This is a known bug and we're working on a fix for future upgrades and a fix for people who have already upgraded.

Thanks,
Rob

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR2J6RjZ3OUxkUU14c3RRMyIsImdkcHIiOjB9