iTunes 4.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

itunes version 6 required?
Anonymous

I successfully installed itunes 4.9 on fedora 4 with crossover. Everything seems to be running fine - I can sign in, play music files etc. However, when I try to play some songs I bought on iTunes on my windows xp partition (itunes 6) it asks me to authorize and then says "this item requires at least itunes 6.0 to purchase." I have already purchased it on windows, i just want to play it. Is there anyway to do this without converting my files from m4p.

thanks!

Anonymous

I just tried to buy a song and i can't buy music either! it gives me the same message about needing itunes 6. Any ideas??

If you have ever used iTunes 6 before, apple logs it won't let you ever use 4.9 again is the problem here. I hope iTunes 6 support comes out soon in crossover office.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRjlIQVI1TjMzQlJoeFhZMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9