iTunes 4.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Interesting iTunes behaviour
Anonymous

Im using the demo version of Crossover 5 on Fedora Core 4.

I installed iTunes 4.9 perfectly, and imported my old library file. All seemed well. The sound have improved dramatically, though sometimes it will change to a totally distorted stream of noise, seemingly at random.

My problems are:
Sometimes, it is impossible to stop the music from playing.
Problem with sound changing as above.
When I try and minimise iTunes, it springs back up. This is when I use either the iTunes minimise button or the FC4 button to minimise
Sharing does not work. I have SELinux set up to let through 3689:tcp, 5353:udp and iTunes cannot see my powerbook and vice versa.

Anonymous

Another interesting point; when sharing does work, it cuts out after a few minutes. In order to maintain a connection, I have to use this tool:

http://www.chaoticsoftware.com/ProductPages/NetworkBeacon.html

called Network Beacon. With this running on the G4, the connection stays up indefinetly.

Well, I prefer to hear music using real stuff, I mean real CD on DVD player .
But what I find in iTunes great is the possibility to hear radio channels with old 1950/60 hits.It is truly relaxing.
I have CrossOffice 5(with default iTunes 4.9) and Aurox 9 Linux.

Andrzej

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQVBVdDg5cnFYSEx2cHp5QyIsImdkcHIiOjB9