iTunes 4.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

iTunes 9?

I purchased both CrossOver Office & CrossOver Games and was happy with the World of Warcraft support (Although I ended up doing it directly through WINE as it was easier on a copy / paste of WoW from a Windows drive)... but am considering right now a full out switch to Ubuntu Linux since I enjoy it so much. The only thing that'll get in my way is iTunes and my iPhone, which I regularly use to Sync together.

What's the status on the latest version of iTunes and is CodeWeavers still actively developing or just riding out potential sales?

Carl J. Lackner Jr. wrote:

I purchased both CrossOver Office & CrossOver Games and was happy
with the World of Warcraft support (Although I ended up doing it
directly through WINE as it was easier on a copy / paste of WoW from
a Windows drive)... but am considering right now a full out switch
to Ubuntu Linux since I enjoy it so much. The only thing that'll
get in my way is iTunes and my iPhone, which I regularly use to Sync
together.

What's the status on the latest version of iTunes and is CodeWeavers
still actively developing or just riding out potential sales?

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/search?name=itunes&search=app

We have done a lot of work to attempt to keep up with the regular revs of iTunes. Unfortunately, each new release adds another mystery to support. We would like to untangle the problems with iTunes, but find that each time we are able to claim 'support' for a version, the next version is released and a new set of bugs are introduced to the compatibility with CrossOver.

There are a lot of Linux alternatives to iTunes. It's just a matter of researching (and testing) to see which will work best for you.

Perhaps with more development, CrossOver will again offer compatibility with iTunes, but at this time we do not offer support.

There are a lot of music library type software that will run natively on Linux, but I know what you mean... a lot of people I know will blast me for saying this, but iTunes is just much more polished than the natively running software available for Linux. I end up just using VLC, or mplayer, and managing my library's directory structure manually.

This is part of the reason I've been on my macbook a lot more lately.... I can compile just about whatever I need to run on linux, and run it in a terminal, and I can run a lot of other apps like photoshop, and ms office natively on the mac. I'd be happy to switch to linux full time though if I could get all the windows/mac apps I use on a daily basis to run 100%.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS1drR1RadXhXSldSUGR6YSIsImdkcHIiOjB9