iTunes 6.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installs on Wine 0.9.6!

Hi,
I managed to make iTunes 6.0.2 install on Wine 0.9.6. There really wasn't much to it, except that if one simply runs the combined Quicktime/iTunes installer, the installation of Quicktime fails (it gets int an infinite loop.) However, if Quicktime 7 standalone is installed first, then iTunes, iTunes doesn't try to install Quicktime, and the installation works. However, once it is installed it complains about needed a missing DLL - USERENV.DLL. If this is put into wine's windows/system directory from a real Windholes 2000 machine, then iTunes gives the following error ans exits. "Quicktime version 7.0d0 is installed, iTunes requires QuickTime version 7.0.3 or later. Please reinstall iTunes." I suspect that something is not returning the version of Quicktime correctly, both because of the scrambled version number in the error message and because Wine spits out "fixme:ver:RtlVerifyVersionInfo (0x4083ebfc,3,9): Not all cases correctly implemented yet" on the console when the error message pops up. However, the good news is that we ARE making progress!

Thanks,
Matthew D'Asaro

That is tantalizingly close. I need itunes 6 because I use itunes in windows (gasp) sometimes and now it won't let me revert back to 4.9... ever. Keep up the good work.

Hi,
Tried it again with Wine 0.9.7, but there was no improvement. Waiting for wine 0.9.8 to try it again...

Thanks,
Matthew D'Asaro

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNlVMdUVoa1BiWll6UjNCQiIsImdkcHIiOjB9