iTunes 6.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

SUSE 10.1....?

Have any of you been able to actually get this working with SUSE 10.1? I've been through those instructions a dozen times, but I can't get it to work. Perhaps it's the Crossover version I'm running. Anyone using iTunes 6 with the latest Crossover Beta?

SUSE 10.1
Crossover 5.0.3 - Beta 2

Dan Lamb

Hi Dan Lamb,
Would you please explain where in the process it is failing and/or any error codes you recieve. The information you have given is not sufficent for me to know what is wrong.

Thanks,
Matthew D'Asaro

Hello Matthew,

The installers seem to work as explained in your how-to document, but the application doesn't start after being installed.

Dan

Hi,
Sorry I was slow getting back to you; I have been busy. Anyway it is likely that iTunes is installed and ready to go, but the application link in the menu did not work. This happens on some distributions. Go to a terminal and navigate to the directory where your Crossover applications are installed. Most likely '[your home directory]/.cxoffice/' and find the iTunes executable. Then run '[directory where Crossover is installed]/bin/wine ./iTunes.exe' iTunes should open (slowly.) Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Matthew D'Asaro

No Go. It is installed and I get icons on the desktop, it just will not run for me. Sigh.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibXB2Smg2WmVwWVB0TDlidSIsImdkcHIiOjB9