iTunes 6.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

iTunes 6.0.1 Runtime Error

Hello all,
I am running crossover office professional 5.0.3. I installed iTunes 6.0.1 as described in the tips and tricks section of this area. Things went as described, but when I try to run iTunes nothing happens. I tried to run it from the command prompt to see what is happening, and I get the following:
/opt/cxoffice/bin/wine -verbose --bottle itunes6 iTunes.exe
CXConfig->read(/opt/cxoffice/etc/cxoffice.conf)
CXConfig->read(/home/derren/.cxoffice/cxoffice.conf)
Product version=5.0.3
11066: Grabbing the lock '/tmp/.wine-500/cxoffice-wine.lock'
11066: Got the lock
CXConfig->read(/home/derren/.cxoffice/itunes6/cxbottle.conf)
Mode = 'private, non-root'
Running '"/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxglibc-check" 1>&2'
Testing for TLS support... yes
Testing for errno_location... no
Testing for patchable errno_location... no
Testing for thread package... NPTL (NPTL 2.4)
GNU libc version... glibc 2.4
Testing VM split... ok
-> rc=768 (took 0 seconds)
Environment:
CX_ROOT = "/opt/cxoffice"
CX_BOTTLE = "itunes6"
WINEPREFIX = "/home/derren/.cxoffice/itunes6"
CX_WINDOWS_VERSION = <undefined>
PATH = "/opt/cxoffice/bin:/usr/lib/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/derren/bin"
LD_LIBRARY_PATH = "/opt/cxoffice/lib"
WINEDLLPATH = "/opt/cxoffice/lib/wine"
LD_PRELOAD = ""
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL = <undefined>
WINELOADER = "/opt/cxoffice/bin/wineloader"
WINESERVER = "/opt/cxoffice/bin/wineserver"
WINEDEBUG = <undefined>
CX_LOG = <undefined>
CX_DEBUGMSG = <undefined>
DISPLAY = ":0.0"
11066: Releasing the lock
Running "/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxavscan" "iTunes.exe"
Command:
/opt/cxoffice/bin/wineloader winewrapper.exe cxoffice --run -- iTunes.exe

** Sun Aug 6 21:50:48 2006
Starting '/opt/cxoffice/bin/wineloader' 'winewrapper.exe' 'cxoffice' '--run' '--'
'iTunes.exe'

err:module:import_dll Library USERENV.dll (which is needed by L"C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" failed, status c0000135
[derren@fruiti_di_mare iTunes]$

The DLL userenv.dll is in the itunes bottle that I created in both the System directory and the System32 directory.  The thing that I am not sure about is how to change the DLL path so that wine or cxoffice pro can find it.  I have tried setting the DDL environment variable by hand but it gets reset when wine loads.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  

Regards,

Derren

Make sure you are using a copy of USERENV from dllfiles.com. The one copied from WIN2K or XP will not work.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRXhtbndzVG5wZmJ6VnlDSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9