Jade Empire Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Does not work on Crossover Gaming 7.0

Installation itself runs fine, though it complains that it can't find directx9.c on the disk.

I answered no to the installation of directx9.c and tried starting it up like that. This did not work.

Then I installed directx9.C from disk, this did not work either. Jade Empire logo appears briefly, then shuts down. No error.

i do not have a copy of jade empire but consider to buy one. however could you try to run jade empire in a emulated monitor (you know with the winecf tool). sometimes games have problems to get the resolution your os is running.
another option would be to try downloading a no cd crack, cause one of the major problems with crossovergames is the stuipt copy protectionsystem some games use. they check for the cd and even though the installer found the cd, the game does not. i do not know why, but i would really recommend trying a no cd crack.

please tell me if that works.

thanks,
avarchillion

I'll try with a nocd crack as soon as the beta comes out again for CX Games, but I'm not sure how I should go about using the winecf tool or an emulated monitor. Could you give me more info on how to set that up?

Thanks.

By "winecf" the previous poster meant "winecfg". It's available from the Control Panel tab (of the Manage Bottles window on a Mac; of the bottle configuration dialog on Linux).

Within winecfg, there's a Graphics tab where you can configure the bottle to use a virtual desktop window.

yep sry, for the missing "g". i didn´t meen to confuse you. 😊

avarchillion

With the help of Ken (in another post) I can now see the log when launching Jade Empire.exe. This is the nocd crack version.

As I reread my previous posts, it seems that it is complaining about directx9... my guess is that I need to scratch and reinstall jade empire again...

Anybody else have a better idea ?

***** Sun Jul 27 23:20:35 2008
Starting: '/Applications/CrossOver Games.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOverGames/bin/wine' '--untrusted' '--bottle' 'Jade Empire' '--workdir' '/Users/alex/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/Jade Empire/drive_c/Program Files/Jade Empire' '--' '/Users/alex/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/Jade Empire/drive_c/Program Files/Jade Empire/JadeEmpire.exe'

CXConfig->read(/Applications/CrossOver Games.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOverGames/etc/CrossOverGames.conf)
Product version=7.1.0
80371: Grabbing the lock '/var/folders/A2/A2LRgrK9G0y-OSWHhGw6n++++TI/-Tmp-//.wine-501/CrossOverGames-wine.lock'
80371: Got the lock
CXConfig->read(/Users/alex/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/Jade Empire/cxbottle.conf)
Mode = 'private'
Environment:
  CX_ROOT = "/Applications/CrossOver Games.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOverGames"
  CX_BOTTLE = "Jade Empire"
  WINEPREFIX = "/Users/alex/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/Jade Empire"
  CX_WINDOWS_VERSION = <undefined>
  PATH = "/Applications/CrossOver Games.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOverGames/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
  DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH = "/Applications/CrossOver Games.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOverGames/lib"
  WINEDLLPATH = "/Applications/CrossOver Games.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOverGames/lib/wine"
  WINEDLLOVERRIDES = <undefined>
  LD_PRELOAD = ""
  LD_ASSUME_KERNEL = <undefined>
  WINELOADER = "/Applications/CrossOver Games.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOverGames/bin/wineloader"
  WINESERVER = "/Applications/CrossOver Games.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOverGames/bin/wineserver"
  WINEDEBUG = <undefined>
  CX_LOG = "/Users/alex/Desktop/newlog.cxlog.partial"
  CX_DEBUGMSG = <undefined>
  DISPLAY = ":3"
80371: Releasing the lock
Running `"/Applications/CrossOver Games.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOverGames/bin/cxavscan" "/Users/alex/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/Jade Empire/drive_c/Program Files/Jade Empire/JadeEmpire.exe"`

***** Sun Jul 27 23:20:35 2008
Starting: '/Applications/CrossOver Games.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOverGames/bin/cxavscan' '/Users/alex/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/Jade Empire/drive_c/Program Files/Jade Empire/JadeEmpire.exe'

CXConfig->read(/Applications/CrossOver Games.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOverGames/etc/CrossOverGames.conf)
Found no anti-virus tool
-> rc=768  (took 0.042963981628418 seconds)
output=[]
Command:
/Applications/CrossOver Games.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOverGames/bin/wineloader winewrapper.exe --workdir /Users/alex/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/Jade Empire/drive_c/Program Files/Jade Empire --run -- /Users/alex/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/Jade Empire/drive_c/Program Files/Jade Empire/JadeEmpire.exe

** Sun Jul 27 23:20:35 2008
Starting '/Applications/CrossOver Games.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOverGames/bin/wineloader' 'winewrapper.exe' '--workdir' '/Users/alex/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/Jade Empire/drive_c/Program Files/Jade Empire' '--run' '--'
'/Users/alex/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/Jade Empire/drive_c/Program Files/Jade Empire/JadeEmpire.exe'

err:module:import_dll Library XINPUT9_1_0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Jade Empire\\JadeEmpire.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Jade Empire\\JadeEmpire.exe" failed, status c0000135

It seems that it tries to load xinput.dll, which is a library used to talk to Xbox 360 gamepads. Installing the dx runtime should install it, although the xbox gamepad most likely won't work

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ25ITjJ6TUt5R2Yyem5WZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9