Jade Empire Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Been messing with Jade Empire all day, got it into game.

Working on Crossover Pro 9.0.0 rc2. Been screwing with this all day, trying to get it to launch into game. The game won't launch from the inbuilt launcher, and the configuration utilities crashes on start-up, so initially it was a no go. Additionally, since I was working from a Steam copy of the game, I couldn't directly launch the game. However, I figured out that if you rename the JadeEmpire.exe game executable to JadeEmpireLauncher.exe, and rename the actual JadeEmpireLauncher.exe to like bak_JadeEmpireLauncher.exe, Steam will launch the game executable directly without much of a hitch. The game doesn't play nice with a virtual desktop using my initial settings, but I'll keep toying with the settings .ini file to see if matching the screen resolution to the virtual desktop resolution corrects this.

Once in game (full screen, which on my laptop was 1260 X 800), the intro movies played like normal, and the menus seemed to work just fine, with the exception that my mouse cursor was completely invisible.
Further, all character models were invisible, both in game and at the character creation screen.

I whipped up a character fast, and got into game. The opening scripted scene played out, again with no character models. Once the first NPC finished his dialog, the game started spewing sound like crazy, and the scenery disappeared and was replaced by a corrupt blue void. At this point I hard closed the game with Alt+F4.

I'm going to continue screwing with it after installing the modern and legacy DirectX runtimes. Hopefully this will at least get the character models and the mouse cursor visible.

The game is known not to work and you're experiencing pretty much what everyone else has seen. Lots of crashes and the characters are invisible/transparent.

He shouldn't really be mentioning results based on pre-release versions
of crossover in this forum either - that's what the beta forums are for
(and yes, that means release candidates as well). Dragging CXO into CXG's
arena can be confusing as well...2cents

Cheers!

I misunderstood where I was posting. I thought that I was posting this in a beta forum. I'll pay better attention next time. Sorry!

No problem...the beta forum for the current pre-releases you
can find over at http://www.codeweavers.com/beta/crossover/forum/?;t=33

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM1ZweXBHYkF0dTI5VGFZcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9